Sunday, July 25, 2010

Roar! Hiss! Oo-oo-ah-ah!

Preface to this post: It is really a shame that people are too busy to blog during the summer. The summer months are some of our family's most exciting, and I love to blog about our family adventures. I do it as a type of journaling I guess ... so if you found yourself with some down time on your hands and you're reading this post, I am happy you stopped by our blog for a minute or two!

On to the post at hand ...

Larkin loves animals! She meows when she sees cats, she chases dogs, she even channels a little howler monkey from time to time at home.

We headed to the Sacramento zoo as a family and had a blast! Larkin loved the animals as long as they would move or make noises. We went in the morning, so the animals were active and many of them were eating breakfast.

The Sacramento zoo is on the smaller side, which turned out to be a blessing since Larkin wanted to walk the entire time.

It has been so nice to have Scot home more this summer. I know it wont last forever, but for now I am eating up all the daddy-daughter time Larkin and Scot are getting.

Roar! Hiss! Oo-oo-ah-ah! Ribitt! Sqwak!
Translation: "it was a GREAT day!"

2 comments:

  1. I still look at your blog during the summer! Your little one is such a doll! And I'm SO jealous you got to do Girl's Camp. Still waiting for my dream calling to come to me! Such good memories of our girls camp that I want to create that for our young women. But for now, I'm still stuck in Primary :) Looks like you're having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is frame-able! Glad you're getting in so much family time!

    ReplyDelete