Thursday, February 10, 2011

Family Home Evening Adventure

It was a fabulous family home evening ... we colored pictures and sang songs and read scriptures and played a game with black beans ...

Looks like fun doesn't it!?!
It was. Larkin mixed and "cooked" those beans for well over 30 minutes
and then she shoved one of those beans up her nose ... WAY up her nose.
It happened so quickly Scot wasn't even sure she had done it.
I tried a few tricks to get it out, but nothing worked ...
so we headed to the insta-care to let the doctor get that silly bean out of Larkin's nose.

I was probably more upset about the whole ordeal than Larkin was.
I try so hard to be a good mom, and we still ended up in the insta-care with a bean (which is absolutely not an appropriate toy for a two year old, and I know this!) lodged in my daughters nostril.
This does not speak well for my parenting skills.

Two seconds and a little plastic extractor tool later we were headed home with a popsicle, no worse for the wear.

The end. Well, the end of playing with black beans at our house at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment