Sunday, April 24, 2011

Luft Balloons

When I was pregnant and huge with Larkin, 34 weeks pregnant to be exact, I remember finally finding a car seat that stood up to my scrutiny. As Scot carried the car seat out to the car I jokingly said, "Okay. She can come now. We have a car seat to take her home from the hospital in."
She was born two weeks later.

This week a package came in the mail ... it carried our
Rice-Family-Summer-2011-Special-Addition-Spectacular-Adventure-Shirts!
... and so I not-so-jokingly say, "Okay. Summer can start now. We are ready.
We have our T-shirts. Bring on the sun and the fun!"

(Making silly faces while we model our luft balloons ... it's going to be the best summer yet!)

In other news ... Easter was a BLAST this year! It was so fun to talk with Larkin about spring and Jesus and the Easter Bunny. She loved hunting for eggs. She loved eating the candy. She loved everything about Easter except the pink headband I REALLY wanted her to wear to church. You can't win them all!

I love this time of year. I love when the earth wakes up and stretches it's lazy bones and starts to blossom with life. I love the fluffy white clouds that brush the bright blue sky. I love the warmth and growth that the spring brings.
It is appropriate to celebrate the life of our Savior as the earth begins to buzz and churn with new life!

2 comments: