Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Hunting

Pumpkin hunting is a tradition at our house. We love to tromp around in the dirt and pick the pumpkins we will adopt and bring home to spend the holidays with us.
Picking a pumpkin is serious business, but we try to have a little fun while we are at it ...

Larkin wanted to sit on every big pumpkin she found.
She told me before we headed to the pumpkin farm that she was going to pick a yellow pumpkin ... she looked at a hundred pumpkins (at least), and finally found the perfect yellow pumpkin, which she promptly traded for my green pumpkin as soon as she saw it.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself ...

First, we did some rocking horse riding ... Yeehaw!

We posed for a family picture.
Take a moment to appreciate this picture ... I never post pictures of myself while I am pregnant. I'm sure you think I look exactly the same, but please don't ever say that to my face. Some women get cute little prego tummies- I get prego EVERYTHING ... prego arms, face, legs ... so appreciate this one. It's a rare gem!

We climbed a few trees ...
well, really Larkin clung to the branch where daddy perched her.

We ran and jumped in the hay!
We rode the train, and fed the goats, and played some more, and finally we found our pumpkins. Larkin stole mine, but I found another one, and Scot picked three, so all in all it was a successful pumpkin hunt!

3 comments:

  1. Darling pics!! So proud that you posted a pic of yourself pregnant. You look great and it's important for us to capture these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just checked your blog out again after not seeing it for a while and I LOVE your learning activity ideas! Thanks for posting them and keep them coming! You are so creative, I love it! Good to see that you're expecting another little one- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful day this must have been. Thanks for letting us pretend we were there for the adventure. Amy, you are very gifted in putting the pictures and words together to paint a wonderful image of your day!

    ReplyDelete