Saturday, July 2, 2011

I hEART tAHOE!!!

We headed up to Tahoe this past week to spend some much-needed time relaxing and playing and soaking up some sun ... among other things.
I love Tahoe. It is {hands down} one of my favorite places on the planet! I love the clear cool water, the trees, the animals, the sweet little towns with over-priced food and antiques. It is so quiet and peaceful. It is like a drink for my soul every time we visit!

As soon as we got to the cabin we saw a little bunny in the front yard. He was tiny and instantly nervous when he saw Tucker, but our rabbit sighting was enough for Larkin to dub the cabin "The Rabbit House" for the remainder of our stay.

{an airplane rocking toy at "The Rabbit House" that Larkin loved to play on}

I am a beach girl. I grew up near the Bodega coast and spent my childhood playing and splashing in the icy ocean water. Tahoe water is in it's own league. The water is cool, but shallow and clear and .......... I could rave about the beaches at Tahoe forever, but moving on, I loved sitting and reading while Scot and Larkin collected rocks and built ....
THIS
{Larkin spent more time smashing than building, which makes the end result even more impressive if you think about it}

Our friends, the Mills, came for a few days to play and relax with us. We loved having Ashley and her boys hang out with us. We were very low key most of the week and endured a little rain one day by curling up to watch movies and roast marshmallows. Larkin loved to help roast the mallows but didn't care to eat a single one of them.

Tahoe and "The Rabbit House" were just what we needed to recharge our batteries and make some great memories!

1 comment:

  1. Always wanted to go visit Tahoe.. Maybe someday Nate will take me there:) Ha ha.. I am so excited about your new house, sooooo jealous BTW.. Post picts I bet it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete