Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sand and Surf and Seagulls


Summer has been too short at our house! I am not ready for school to start again! Scot is starting a new degree program at school this coming weekend and will be gone every Saturday for the next year (AAAaaaaHHHHHhhhhh!) so we snagged our last Saturday together and headed to the coast!

Have I mentioned how much I love the beach?
I LOVE the beach! I could spend every day for the rest of my life at the beach!

In truth, the heavy winter coat was a little overkill for this busy girl, but in northern California you have to head to the beach prepared for a snow storm (even in August)!

The water was so cold but Larkin could not stay away from it! She and daddy braved the icy waves, but I steered clear!

Larkin had such a great time chasing and feeding the birds, collecting rocks and sticks, and people watching!

It was a successful day with lots of family time and laughs!

3 comments:

  1. I miss the beach and ocean so much! I could live there everyday too. Could your sweet girl get any cuter!? What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! You are the cutest most interactive Mom ever!! You always have the most creative activities to do with Larkin! I cannot believe that Larkin is that big and going to be a BIG sister!! Lucky girl!! Your beach day looked fun, cold but the beach is always a good time, right?!

    ReplyDelete