Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dear "STATS" Tab

I have been avoiding my blog. Like the plague. I haven't been too busy to blog, and we have even had a few sweet moments at our house this month that I normally would have photographed and blogged about, but I did something terrible a few weeks ago ...

I tried to redesign my blog.

That's not the terrible part. The terrible part came as I was looking at all the "Dynamic" blog designs and thinking to myself, "Yes, I do believe I would like for my blog to be more dynamic. This is going to be fun ..." and then I saw it. A little tab off to the side that said "STATS". I do not recommend that you ever click on this tab ever. Ever. Just take my word for it.

Needless to say, if you are reading this post you are one of two people who will read my blog this week. I don't really have anything witty or cheerful to say about that. In fact, I would like address my despair in a productive way ...

Dear "STATS" tab,
You are worse than my unforgiving full length mirror that adds five pounds to my rear end. You have ruined my blissful disregard for my absolute irrelevance. You have awakened the need in me to have my voice heard. To say something that actually matters. To do more than report the daily comings and goings of the Rice family, but to find some sort of meaning that relates to humanity and draws people to laugh and cry and feel rage and joy ... darn you "STATS" tab. You have ruined blogging for me.

Sincerely,
One Depressed Blogger

So there it is. I have been avoiding my blog. I can't seem to find the words to describe all the things I am learning, all the joy I experience, all the pain I feel, all the people I love ... at least not in a relevant or meaningful way.

6 comments:

  1. I know I haven't met you personally and it's been a very long time since I've seen Scot (back in Kodiak in the late 90's) ... I do check out your blog when it shows me you've posted something new ... I like to read what your family has been up to ... I hope you keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. If you want more people to read it, you can post it in Facebook. That seems to help. I love hearing about what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gift for putting things into words! I love reading and looking back and where we were, how far we have come and all the great things we have gone I am grateful for all the work you put into it so please dont ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog all the time! We miss you guys. I hope you keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Miss Amy.... you not blogging would be caaarazy!!! Seriously! You must keep blogging, at least for me. Think of my lonely heart that misses your family every second of every day. TEARS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog for you. Once you start blogging for you, stats, smats... xoxo

    ReplyDelete