Monday, March 22, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods

Larkin and I spent a week at my parent's house. We had fun playing outside in the garden ... Larkin loves to eat dirt, which grosses me out, but I figure it's better than some other options! I tell her she just needs to outgrow that impulse before she goes to college - people will look at her funny :)

She had such a great time tromping around, following the dog around, going for wagon rides, and exploring. Funny though, Larkin DOES NOT like grass. She would follow the dog to the edge of the sidewalk and pace back and forth in front of the grass, but would not step onto it no matter how much coaxing we did! She pretty much stuck to the dirt and the sidewalk.



Grandma got Larkin this little rake to help in the garden, and Larkin pushed it around like a vacuum cleaner forever! It was $1 well spent!

So much to do ... Larkin is such an explorer, so this week was perfect for her. Lots of people to pay attention to her, and lots of fun new things to explore! Thanks grandma and grandpa for letting us come spend such a fun week at your house!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, Thanks for sharing with us the adventures with your family. Larking is SO cute and certainly has the walking mastered. I remember some of our kids not liking to step on the grass barefoot. I am glad you are within easy driving distance to your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh So much fun and I missed it all. You should have stayed another week. Maybe I will hop the train down there LOL Looks like you had a great time. I love you tons.

    ReplyDelete