Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Learning and Labels

Larkin's all about pointing to pictures of Scot and announcing proudly, "Dad!" This is one of her favorite new skills. She points to everyone in pictures and in person: boys, girls, mom, Jesus, grandparents, strangers, and labels them with a very satisfied, "Dad!" I try to praise her when she gets it right and give a new label for all the other people in her life even though I know she'll get it in time.

... so I'm standing in the kitchen holding Larkin while I put together a snack for her when she points to the fridge and says, "je-huh". I turn to see what she wants me to include on her plate and see that she is pointing to our fridge magnet with a picture of Jesus. I literally squealed with excitement! I could not believe my ears. Did my daughter just point to Jesus and say His name? For real!?! I tried and tried to get her to say it again, but I think my freak-out freaked her out. Then at church she walks over to a very large painting of the Savior hanging in one of the halls and points straight up at it. I picked her up and asked, "who is that Larkin?" Her reply ... "Je-dad!"

2 comments:

  1. That is SO Cool!!! I remember the first time Isaac recognized a picture of Christ and said his name. I do believe i freaked out as well!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete