Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Truly Wicked Mother's Day Surprise

This story actually begins three plus years ago when Scot and I met and he made me a book on cd to listen to while I drove from California to Utah. Wicked. Amazing. We have sung the Wicked soundtrack while we clean the house, while we drive in the car, while we cook dinner ... we love Wicked.

Scot pulled off the most intense surprise since he proposed this weekend for my Mother's Day. He planned to take the day off, planned for us to go see Wicked in the city, and planned for Larkin to spend the day at my sister's house in Petaluma, and kept it all a secret until this morning! It was AMAZING from start to finish! The day started with peanut butter and nutella crepes (my favorite), and ended with dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

We spent so much time in the car making this amazing day happen, I thought it was only appropriate that we take a quick picture while we were parked. We rock the road trip- especially with Wicked blasting over the stereo :)

I was so excited to see this play! It really was the perfect surprise!

Scot and I being silly outside the theater ...
We are getting pretty good at taking our own pictures, don't you think?


Inside the theater after Wicked ... we snuck a picture (which is a MAJOR no-no!) The ushers had big signs stating that phones and cameras were prohibited, and guys in headsets kept busting people with camera phones. If you look closely you can see the map of Oz ...

This day and this play were magical and powerful meaningful in so many ways! It was the perfect way to spend my Mother's Day! I have the most amazing life and I have the pictures to prove it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that would be a Mothers Day to remember. Jealous that it was just the 2 of you together for the day.. Scot that was a fabulous surprise, you'll have to give Nate a few pointers for next year.. J/K! Happy Moms day Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Scot is a keeper! (You two give me hope that there is my personal brand of normalcy out there, seriously.) I loved Wicked! I saw it for the second time at the exact same theatre while in San Francisco last month. The first time (here in SLC), I sat and bawled during "Defying Gravity".

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys seem so perfect for each other! :)

    ReplyDelete