Sunday, February 26, 2012

Three Cheers for Turning Three!


February is an intense month at our house. I have been mucho busy and haven't had much time to upload or edit photos, but decided that ready or not, the blog must be updated if I am ever going to get caught up on all that has happened in the last few weeks.

First up ... Larkin had a birthday! Our little lady is 3 (going on 13) and is the definition of a "big girl"!
We are so in love with Larkin and all of her little quirks that keep life exciting.
Larkin commissioned her birthday cake this year, and dad delivered ... a pink cake with polkadots and sparkles! I have a tradition of making Larkin's birthday hat, and this year she requested a pom pom on top ...

In truth, I was a little preoccupied this month and neglected Larkin's birthday until the last minute. I ran around trying to pull together some sort of special birthday celebration. We had some friends over for dinner the night before Larkin's big day, and I stole a page from my cousin's book and filled Larkin's room with balloons to wake up to on her birthday. It was a school day and we still had a million things to do, but she loved waking up to a room full of balloons!
Thanks for the great idea Racheal!

3 Things to Know About Larkin on her 3rd Birthday

1. Her favorite colors are (and I quote) "red, and blue, and pink, and purple, and lellow, and green, and all those colors."

2. Larkin LOVES to have bedtime stories told to her about "The little girl who ..."

3. Larkin can whistle and wink, two skills that are so funny to me.

1 comment: