Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Stolen Saturday Morning


Adylade,

You melt my heart. I love the way you need to be snuggled to go to sleep. I love the way your big eyes search and search for me when you hear my voice. I love your tiny little fingers that curl around mine. I am eager to see who you will become, but already feel each moment slipping away too quickly. I feel like I have loved you forever.

Larkin,

You are my warrior. You are such a joy to me. I love to watch you learn and grow as you conquer each day. You always keep me on my toes, and I am grateful for your passionate and tender spirit. You are beautiful in ways that make me proud. I am grateful and honored to be your mother.

Scot,

I love to watch you scoop marshmallows onto tiny plates and pour pretend tea with Larkin. I love the way you kiss and sing to Adylade. I love the way your touch instantly calms both our daughters. You make every day an adventure, and I am grateful to be able to raise these little girls with you. You are my quiet place, my champion, my support, my love, and my friend.

It was a stolen Saturday morning. Ordinary in every way, except that all of us were together. For that moment there were only little yellow flowers, and us.

3 comments:

  1. You guys have such a darling family! Amy your girls are so beautiful!!! I LOVE the pictures!

    ~Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said! You have an adorable family!! I would LOVE to have Larkin and Ady as daughter-in-laws! Humm

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these pictures! And I love how much you love your family. :) One of the things I admire about you.

    ReplyDelete