Friday, June 19, 2009

Blog Casserole!

I have like five different things to post, so here it is: A little of this, a little of that, my version of Blog Casserole ...



The rain has finally stopped (again) and this weekend is supposed to be beautiful for the most part. We are expecting a few showers, but mostly sun ... can I just say how LAME it is that so far in June we have had like 2-1 rainy days vs. sunny days. The temps have been low, and so has my morale. I keep singing "The sun'll come out, Tomorrow ..." You think I'm joking, but I am just short of talking to myself at this point ... :)

I am trying a new technique with Larkin where I don't give her the binky to soothe her at nap times. I am trying to promote self soothing, and encourage her to be independent in developing some coping skills instead of always relying on Scot and I to soothe her. The method to my madness ... I am exhausted from getting up two times a night every night and want her to be able to soothe herself back to sleep in the night time. Last night ... a record 9 hours of sleep. Not to jinx it, but I think my stubborn fire filled daughter might just be getting the hang of this new system ... maybe ...

On another note, Scot is changing job responsibilities at work this next week. He is moving into the position of Kitchen Manager and will have a new schedule and a fatter paycheck when all is said and done. We are so blessed to have found this job. They are wonderful to us, and this job has allowed us to do a lot of the things that are important to our family. There is talk that this promotion may lead to another promotion in the fall, but for now, we are grateful for this pretty significant change.

Okay, so really only three things to post ...

2 comments:

  1. Okay, well now you get a "casserole" comment.

    1- Awesome about the promotion. Yeah for a raise, plus Scot does such an amazing job in everything he does so it is great to get recognition.

    2- Way to go on the self soothing. That's where I went wrong. I nursed my babies to sleep and now, they have a hard time going to bed. Let's hope the 9 hour sleep continues!!

    3- I had such a nice visit with you and Scot. I think you are a great gal and am so happy Scot has found you. You compliment each other so nicely and allow him to still be creative with all his talents. What a great wife. While who knows what your future holds in where you'll live, but if you ever ended up here I think we could have some fun together.

    Have a good weekend!
    Ashley Mills

    PS- cute background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, keep up the great work. the reason that women are moms is because somewhere in our genetic makeup we are programed to run on less sleep than men. I loved our "little" chat the other day and look forward to making a trip that direction to see my sweet sister and her wonderful family. Dennis says remember that life is hard and then you die. So have fun while you are struggling through. We love you

    ReplyDelete