Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Hate Ants!

Here is my problem:

We have had a slow trickle of ants in our apartment since we moved in. They hang out in the dishwasher and explore out onto the counters every now and then, and they even found a little bbq pulled pork Larkin dropped after dinner and I missed when I swept up that night. They are anoying, but they have managed to stay off my radar ...

But this week they have become really bold and really stupid. One or two ants scouting around can be delt with, but this entitled attitude of marching through my house has me all huffy!

They are relentless! I can't spray because Larkin touches everything right now and I can't risk her touching poison. I have put out a few ant traps under bookshelves and in cupboards, but they are smart enough to avoid the traps. How can they be smart enough to march around the traps, but stupid enough to do it in this amazingly straight line that draws attention to themselves ... I am out for blood! These little bugs are really BUGGING me!

If you have any poison free ideas to kick these little BUGgers to the curb, I'm all ears! This is war!

1 comment:

  1. I've used strong-smelling spices before - like cinnamon or chili powder - the grit and the smell confuse them and they won't cross it. Just pour a line around the area where they are coming in. You have to redo it every day or so, but it will eventually work.

    Also, Windex kills them instantly. I spray them with it, then wipe it up - so if you have them around on surfaces in your house, you can kill them easily that way.

    Good Luck. Ants are the pits. Just keep singing "Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead-ant,dead-ant, dead-ant..."

    ReplyDelete