Monday, June 14, 2010

Surfs Up!

Scot and I decided yesterday that we needed a mental health day. (This is an idea I lifted from my good friend Emily, and use in my own stressful life from time to time) We headed to Bodega Bay to spend a relaxing day outside with waves, and sand, and seagulls, and family.


We played and played and played ... Larkin had such a great time. The sweetest moments of my day always include Larkin and Scot.

This summer, in addition to our summer soundtrack, we made family shirts for our summer adventures. We went together and tye-dyed matching shirts for each of us ...

(Larkin was so bugged about having to hold still for a photo ... but she really did have a good time, I promise! )

It was a great day. We came home covered in sand and feeling refreshed and exhausted all at the same time.
I declare this mental health day a success!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun.. I wish I had a beach to go to!! LOL. I love the tye-dye t-shirts, that sounds like a fun little tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for Mental Health Days! I've been feeling like I need one right about now! Thanks for the good idea. And your summer adventure shirts are great. You are all too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was a success as well, and wish that we could do it again today! love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the best idea I've heard all freaking month! Mental Health Day! I think the tie-dye just helps cement that happy-are-we Idea! Good for you! - and thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mental health day is brilliant!
    Bodega Bay is one of my favorite quiet spots in the world. I can't wait to take my girls and Danny there one day. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rice's=Only one of the coolest families I know.

    ReplyDelete