Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Have You Been All My Life?

Have you ever read a book and thought, "where have you been all my life?"

I am not a big proponent of self help books. I prefer fiction; a mindless escape from reality. Once in a while, however, I find a good book that makes me think- makes me evaluate my approach to living, because lets face it, I have a lot of potential evaluating that can be done!

Today I have gleaned this little gem: Focusing on the "bright spots" in our lives is to pose the question: "What is working, and how can we do more of it?". This is a radical shift from seeing a problem and trying to find a solution that problem. Find the bright spots, and then try to clone them in other areas of your life! Focus on what works instead of what is broken.

Like I said, "where have you been all my life?" !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i've heard good things about this book! i'll have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete