Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Operation Get Skinny Update Week 4

I didn't post last week because I was a little loco with things to do, and our weight is only a part of who we are. Our weight doesn't need a front page headline every week :)

We had a crazy week. It was Scot's birthday, so there was a little celebratory eating. And when I say a little, I really mean a ton. Yikes. We got a puppy, and we have had at least four other major changes in our home and family this last week that I can't go into at this point, but stress eating was a major struggle for me this week.

Drum roll please .... this week we are down a combined 29.6 pounds! Crazy right!?! In a month I have lost more weight than I have in three years. One big change at our house ... we eat the serving size listed on the package of every food. If the serving size is too small to satisfy us it's a good clue that the food isn't the best choice out there. Picking foods that are low in calories, high in fiber are also a MUST!!! This week's pick: Trader Joes "Fiberful" fruit leather. 60 calories and 6g of fiber! Now that's a healthy snack!!!

We have 70.4 pounds to go! It's a great feeling! Let us know of any healthy tips you have tried at your house. We are always looking for new ways to misplace a few pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment