Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is it Halloween Yet?

Is it Halloween Yet???
I want to decorate and dress up, and trust me that is a BIG deal. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 12. I feel silly in real life more often than I would like to admit, so why inflict that on myself voluntarily ... but this year it's different.

Maybe it is that Larkin understands what all the fuss is about this year. Maybe it is that Scot gets to trick-or-treat with us this year. Maybe it is that we always want the one thing in life we can't have ... this year, for me, it is a house to decorate.

We are currently in the process of moving. It has been a roller coaster ride of grown-up decisions and full blown toddlerish meltdowns (and they haven't all been Larkin's). I want this move to be over.
I want to put up my orange and black and spooky.

On a different note: this week's weight loss total is 31.8, and this week it was all Scot. 68.2 pounds to go. I am hoping that in another month we will reach the half way mark. 50 pounds! that will be a huge, and ironically we will not be ... huge that is :)

Bring on October! I am ready for sweaters and pumpkins and chocolate and ghosts and a new house and bran muffins ... what? I like bran muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Oh a house?! That will be so much fun, I cannot wait til we have a house of our own too! That will be one happy day in our lives. In the 5 yrs Nate and I have been married the only decoration we have for any holiday is a Christmas tree. I think its because we have never had our own home, a house of our own to make and decorate to our liking! Fall is great, and this is such a fun season when we have kids, they make it better somehow!.. Good luck house hunting, you will find something that is perfect for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the pumpkin patch really put me in the mood for Halloween. Even though it was 101 degrees out there. It is time for sweater weather!!

    ReplyDelete